The light-emitting diode (LED) is one of today’s most energy-efficient technologies. LED lamps last longer, are more durable, and offer comparable or better light quality than other types of lighting.
- LED is a highly energy efficient lighting technology, and is fundamentally changing the future of lighting. Many LEDs use 75% less energy, and last 25 times longer, than incandescent lighting.
- Electronic ballasts operate up to 12% cooler saving on Air Conditioning.
- LEDs are mercury-free
- Use of LED lighting has the greatest potential impact on energy savings in the U.S. According to the Department of Energy by 2027, widespread use of LEDs could save about 348 TWh (compared to no LED use) of electricity: This is the equivalent annual electrical output of 44 large electric power plants (1000 megawatts each), and a total savings of more than $30 billion off the price of electricity
- Maintenance avoidance – eradicates maintenance staff time spent replacing lamps and ballasts.
- LED bulbs last longer, are more durable, and offer comparable or better light quality than other types of lighting.
- LED bulbs are plastic and will not shatter like glass
- Research suggests that improved lighting increases the productivity and safety of an organization’s workforce